Monday, December 10, 2007

Is it hot in here?

SO, it is December 10th, and our first Army Update is due. While I didn't meet my mark, I still feel it was a productive three weeks.

I was supposed to finish:

  • 2 units of 12 Saurus
  • 2 units of 10 Skinks.

Instead I finished:
  • 1 Unit of 10 Skinks
  • 3 Saurus
Ok, it sounds worse than it really is. Everything is glued together and based, and that took up a good deal of time. In addition, my next installment to get me to 750 including 1 character and a special is just that - one character and a special. 1 Skink Priest and 3 Kroxigors. That will give me plenty of time to play catch up and still meet my mark.

Here are the skinks in all their red glory.



I took Joe P's advice on the red, and I like it, but I feel like it would have been too much if I also did all the Saurus in red too. Therefore, they got a nice blue and red shields to match their little red cousins.







Here are the 3 I finished:

I like the way the red looks in contrast to the blue, and the gold on the weapons also looks nice. So far so good, and only 17 more to go!

Of course, 12 of the 17 are mounted on scenic-type bases I made. I painted the bases, and now I will paint the Saurus. In the end I will add vegetation to the bases as well.



Here they are so far:
So, thats all for now. I am confident that by the next deadline my 750 will be COMPLETELY painted! And the really good news is, most of the dull stuff will be out of the way.

No comments: