Monday, January 21, 2008



As I've alluded to in my previous blog, I've been working on a secret weapon to help my Vostroyans in a city fight. Well, three of them actually...


In reality these will probably be more of a gimmick than an effective tactic, but I'm looking forward to seeing the shock on my opponent's face when he realizes my combat-shy 'guard won't be as much of a pushover as he thought... Their ability to destroy buildings on a 4+ is the sole reason I'm taking them. I've never been a fan of pie plates, they scatter too often in my experience. Their only value lies in scaring horde armies during the deployment phase. Anyways, let's examine the points shall we?

Demolisher Positives:
  • Siege Shells destroy buildings on a 4+*
  • Demolisher shells are Strength 10 AP2 (when not firing at buildings).
  • Enemy units have to choose between being buried in a ruined building or standing in the open (and taking their chances with the Demolishers...)!
*This actually takes two successful shots, the first shot merely makes the building count as a Dangerous Terrain.

Demolisher Negatives:
  • Destroyed Buildings count as Size 3 Area Terrain ("...due to the clouds of smoke thrown up by the demolition") and will still block Line of Sight.
  • Pie plates have a chance to scatter.
  • Siege Shells do not have an AP value.
  • The enemy will almost always have a 4+ cover save.
  • Models in Dangerous Terrain only have to take Dangerous Terrain tests if they choose to move.
In the end, the only way to find out if this works is to play! To that end I just need to finish the army...

No comments: