Saturday, November 24, 2007

BloodDrinkers of Khorne Update!


I have completed more work on my khorne ogres. I got another one done. Granted they dont look to chaosy right now, but i think it will all tie in as the more demonic parts are completed. Here is a pic of another bull on the left. 2 1/2 weeks to the end of phase one. I need to paint up 1 more bull, 3 iron guts and the hunter to make the deadline! I still trying to work out the scheme and i think i am satisfied with it.

I tried switching the metal to a brass/gold color, but i really didnt like the way it turned out. I didnt want to have all my ogres with shiny gold pieces as it didnt look right/natural. I did do the pants all in red. Which i think looks decent. I may do a few variations on the pants so that the whole army doesnt look like it shops at the same store.

I also modelled some Iron guts. I am very happy with the way they turned out. Here are some progress pics:


I think the axes will help with the Khrone imagery alot. My personal fav is the one reaching out. Man what a bitch it was to remove that stupid trap in his hand! I also modified my hunter a little because I wasnt a fan of the fred flinstone club he was holding. Instead i replaced it with his harpoon launcher. I am also not sure how i will paint the sabretusks at the moment. I was going to use fleshhounds, but i may just paint the tusks up red or even snow leopard.
Well the army is moving along nicely so far. I wont add any snow to the bases until 1 unit is complete. This way it will look uniform in case i screw up the recipe. Right now i am working on converting my tyrant. It needs some MAJOR work. The tyrant model in my opinion is one of the worst model GW ever made, even the old smilin' nagash model is better. I am flirting the possibility of making my tyrant 2 headed, altough i am not quite sure if that will look good. Ill take some pics when is complete. Hope you guys like the work so far!
-Death

2 comments:

Crab-Stuffed Mushrooms said...

VERY NICE Joe!!! Those axes look awesome! Are you gonna be adding any bloody Chaos tattoos? The well-layered skin looks a little plain to me.

Unknown said...

Hey man very nice work. How did you paint the skin if I may ask?