Tuesday, November 20, 2007

DD painting challege: The Blood-Drinkers of Khrone

To no ones surprise I am embarking on a new challenge and a new army. To get away from the harder/more competitive lists I decided to do an Ogre Kingdoms Army. From a gaming standpoint they are probably one of the weakest armies in the game. On the other hand, they have a lot of cool looking models and modeling potential. I am a super slow painter and with a low model count I should be able to see this army full painted in just a few short months. Before I begin modeling, I like to conceptualize the army in my head. I try to get colors, bases, and theme down before I really start painting. I have always been itching to do an army with a base/main color of red. With that in mind I decided on an ogre army influenced by the blood god himself, Khorne. With all the blood and guts imagery already built into the army I thought it would be an easy transition. Here are some of things id like to incorporate into the army:

- Flesh tone instead of grayish skin
- Mohawks, hey they aren’t that tough but I can at least make em’ look the part.
- Chaos/Khorne Icons
- Snow Bases
- Axes
- Juggernauts of Khorne
- Little Red Demons (Gnoblars)

The army it itself will have a Tyrant, a hunter and 2 butchers. Aside from all the core infantry, I will also take 2 rhinox riders for modeling purposes. They will be the focal point of the army from a visual standpoint as the Juggernauts are going to be one of the few true Khorne models I will incorporate. I may also include Gnoblars mounted on fleshhounds as unit fillers. As of right now I need to paint 500 pts in 3 weeks to complete phase 1 of the painting challenge. So I will begin with 2 units of 3 bulls and 1 hunter. Let the painting begin!

No comments: