Wednesday, November 21, 2007

My Empire!

With my armies I generally procrastinate until a month or so before a tournament. Thankfully the Dice Dogs have started this challenge to keep me motivated enough to do my Empire with enough time before the Colonial in April to make it look good.

I like to theme my armies and my Empire shall be no different. I wanted to create a force that was partially military and partially crazed zealots with a good mix in between(prior to the new book I wanted to do a Cult of Ulric). The paint scheme will feature the Moroccan colors (red and green) and the banners bearing the symbol. I want it to feel like an araby themed army, I am used to painting elf and orc flesh so I am not how plasant the darker toned skin will look. Anyway, here is the 2250 army when done:

Archlector riding a war altar
2 Mounted Warrior Priests
Mounted Battle Standard Bearer
2 units of 23 Swordsmen each with a musician, standard, and:
5 man archer detachment
8 man free company detachment
1 unit of 10 Handgunners with a muician and
5 man crossbowman detachment
5 man handgunner detachment
5 knights with musician and preceptor
5 Inner Circle Knights with full command and the warbanner
A Great Cannon
2 units of 5 Pistoliers with musicians
3 units of 10 flagellants


There's 155 models in that army so I have lots of work to do. So far in playtesting the list has drew the new High Elves and massacred a Tomb King army. Hopefully I will be participating with this army in the upcoming Dark Tower tournament.

In 3 months I hope to have done:
10 handgunners
10 fagellants
Great Cannon+ crew
All the detachments (xbows, handguns, free comopany, archers)

I will be detailing my struggle and posting pics as I go along.

No comments: